Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stockholm Syndrome

Right, lets give this another go. This past Thursday Swedish dj duo Rebecca & Fiona had their debut American show at San Francisco's Ruby Skye TORQ Thursdays. Although the evening started off a little sour with rude aggro bouncers and an 18+ crowd, they didn't disappoint. They played several tracks from their I LOVE YOU MAN LP as well as their collaborations with Kaskade and Tiesto which were well received by the crowd. To the right is a brief clip of "Jane Doe" where Fiona shows off her signature moves. Its something about the Swedes that I love... it all started off with Ace of Base in 1993, lol.


Today, UPS delivered my Coachella 2012 wristband, along with the usual calender and other treats.  I recall the first time i saw a Coachella Line up in 2001. A Jr in highschool, dying to go yet never built up the courage to just GO. There was always a struggle finding someone to go with. Years passed and i neglected my desire to attend. It wasnt until last year, 2011 that i said, "fuck it". I purchased my pass without a plan, without anyone to go with (mainly because Robyn was performing, another Swede im fond of), i told my self id sort it out.  Luckily the pressure got to the people i ended up going with. With all the bands and genres of music featured its impossible to agree on just one band.  I often found my self having to split up watching a band enjoying my self thoroughly. If only i knew this back then, i couldve gone to coachella alone.  Thirty-eight days from now ill be attending The Coachella Valley Music and Art Festival at The Empire Polo Club in Indio California taking advantage of my youth, making up for past failures.







"Let us dance into the night. Let us speak until we shout... This beat is leaving us this sound"

No comments:

Post a Comment